Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome ...the worst of all
The biggest beast of them all. Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Picture this...its 3 am and you pop up in excruciating pain and actually know you're about to endure the most exhausting days of your life as soon as the first vomit happens. It's unique, I can feel the difference when vomiting if it will be an episode or if it is not an episode and just one of my body's many comorbidities acting up.
The above table is a great breakdown of the phases but it is simply a break down...the video below which I will credit was from the NORD site is a great explanation of the episodes them self.
Though it does not get into the pain of the retching when there is nothing left or the fear of the wait time before receiving any relief due to stigmas in the ER and common misconceptions of those doctors who don't take the time to review your history. It is for this reason that I recommend that anyone in my shoes, makes a medical binder . More on that later; check out the video I found below.
Click here to visit the full NORD (national organization of rare disease) website that is very informative on the facts of CVS
For me personally,
It is the sweating profusely before I am about to have a retching episode
It is throwing up in my hair or on the floor or gurney because I physically cannot pick up my head to throw up into a bowl
It is having a medical chart that is so thick you'd think I am 90 but still being treated like a burden in the ER or a drug seeker ..that's my favorite one.
It's the uneducated doctors and nurses that complain about how "dramatic" you appear when it literally feels like I am dying it hurts so bad
It's the hiatal hernia I have developed from the retching
It's the medical gaslighting.
The list could go on but I know this is a very unknown condition that is highly misunderstood or not heard of at all!

Comments